Top Up MSc Marketing
This programme is ideal for business people who cannot take time off to do the usual part-time programme which often involves attending a place of study one day every week. Teaching on our programme takes place over 2 intensive weekends involving around 25 hours of contact time each.
Students then move on to study on their own, and need to be able to devote around 10-15 hours per week to their efforts.
- One residential weekend per module (2 modules in total) held at Moor Hall Conference centre
- Tutor support – tutors contactable via email or phone and face to face support on University campus (subject to prior arrangement)
- Peer support via Webucate (MDC’s own educational support platform)
- Dissertation tutor assigned after proposal is submitted
- University of South Wales status – includes access to campus resources (library/ student union etc.)
With other, distance learning, programmes students often experience a sense of isolation and this leads to many of them giving up their course. This executive programme is geared towards keeping students on track, and when it is combined with the Webucate support system results are comparable with full-time programmes.
The e-community that is built within Webucate keeps most students on track to complete their studies on time. Webucate engenders competition as well as support, and students often learn as much from their fellow group members as they do from the tutors. It doesn't matter where students are in the world, the group emails keep everyone in touch and motivated. The emails come directly to each member's inbox. Each group has its own website where the emails can also be viewed along with files, resources and links to help with studies. Students as well as tutors can post to the website. Each group's website also has a photo gallery so that you can get acquainted with fellow group members in advance of the start date. There is a link to the university's Learning Resources Centre with its wealth of research journals. The university also operates a system called Blackboard that contains many resources, and it too can be found via Webucate. Following graduation, you can still keep in touch with the group through Webucate.